Reports To: Training Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Dates: March 7 - 25, 2018
Responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating strategic marketing plans for the national and international training and technical services offered by the National Children's Advocacy Center (NCAC) Training Center. Also responsible for providing brand management and marketing expertise to the overall organization.The NCAC Training Center has 15 staff members who coordinate and provide training and technical assistance to child abuse response professionals around the nation and world. Some of the services are grant-based and some are fee-based. The Training Department includes a part-time Graphics Design Specialist who will work closely with the Marketing Specialist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and support the implementation of a marketing strategy for the Training Department to align with departmental goals to increase NCAC’s national and international training presence.
- Coordinate marketing campaigns with Training Program Managers.
- Perform marketing analytics to determine most effective marketing strategies.
- Track target registrations for specific training events and create e-mails as needed to meet target goals
- Design and create e-mails to appeal to target audience/customers
- Develop, write, and edit various marketing materials including newsletters, brochures, web banners, and web pages
- Work with Symposium Manager to create an annual marketing plan for the International Symposium on Child Abuse.
- Work with content experts and graphic design personnel to design and produce e-mails highlighting relevant industry-related news, training opportunities, and training and conference highlights.
- Increase NCAC Training Department social media presence and create a plan for effective social media engagement
- Develop record-keeping and documentation procedures for tracking marketing analytics on a regular basis
- Maintain overall responsibility for brand management and organization identity of the NCAC including maintaining effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant personnel are kept informed of branding objectives and requirements.
- Advise each department on creating and maintaining agency brand for event-specific marketing efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Business, or related field is required, a Master’s degree is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years multi-media marketing experience
- Experience with the tools used in PR, written communication, website development, market research, Microsoft software suite of products, visual communication software products, and creative services.
- Experience in graphic design and layout is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution. Commitment to continuous learning.
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful advice and input across the department.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Experience building complex marketing programs and reporting on the results.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of digital and direct response marketing.
- Competence as a creative writer with an eye for great emails and landing pages.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong problem-solving ability, including metrics-driven thinking.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges.
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies, and methodologies in graphic design, web design, and social media algorithms.
- Ability to multi-task and to meet hard deadlines.
- Ability to travel, as necessary, to setup and attend exhibit booth at national conferences. Possibly three to four times per year.
- Must be comfortable being around the topics of child physical and sexual abuse intervention and prevention, including forensic interviewing and victim advocacy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint; Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. Individual must be proficient in social media usage. Knowledge of online programs, Web Meeting, Video Pad, Constant Contact, Cvent, WordPress, and Joomla, is desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to type, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Compensation and Benefits
NCAC offers a comprehensive benefits package including sick and annual leave; health, dental, vision and life insurance; and a 401k plan. Salary is competitive and dependent on qualifications and experience.
To apply, follow the "apply now" button at the end of this posting. In order to be considered, please submit a fully completed application, cover letter, resume and salary requirements. When you apply below, you will receive an automatic email from Applicant Stack acknowledging we have received your application. Due to the high volume of applicants, please no phone calls or emails checking to see if NCAC has received your application. All offers are contingent on passing a drug screen and background check.
About National Children’s Advocacy Center
The mission of the National Children's Advocacy Center (NCAC) is to Model, Promote, and Deliver Excellence in Child Abuse Response and Prevention through Service, Education, and Leadership. The NCAC is the birthplace of the Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC) model. Since opening its doors more than 30 years ago, the NCAC has aided in and been the model for establishing more than 1,000 CACs in communities nationwide and throughout the world. The NCAC employs approximately 60 full-time and part-time personnel and, in 2018, has a budget of 5.48 million dollars. The NCAC was awarded Best Places to Work (Bronze Award in the medium-size organization category) in 2017 and Non-Profit of the Year in 2012 by the Madison County Chamber of Commerce.
In addition to providing local services to children and families, the NCAC is one of the leading organizations in the country providing training and technical assistance to child abuse response professionals. More than 100,000 child abuse professionals from all 50 states and 33 countries have been trained by the NCAC. The NCAC also hosts the annual International Symposium on Child Abuse, which is attended by more than 1,000 child abuse response professionals from around the world. The NCAC provides more than 150 classroom trainings every year. Some training classes are held at the NCAC Training Center in Huntsville, AL, and other training classes are provided throughout the United States and internationally.NCAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer